Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Attention All Artists!

Mecuniv

Active Miner
Jan 18, 2014

I am looking to commission a series of chibi dragon and human art I can use for reaction videos / let's plays on a YouTube channel I want to start with my master. I would, of course, have a link to the artist's DA account, or whatever website they choose, in order to give proper credit. The series would consist of the following images, maybe even more as I feel the need to add them:

My little chibi dragon and human playing together with controllers in front of a TV joyfully (This one needs to be able to be separated for either individual to play solo)
My little chibi dragon and human playing together with controllers in front of a TV competitively

Full body expressions and body language for both in the following (for reaction / response vids):
Happy
Laughing hysterically
Sad
A
ngry
Con
fused
Shocked
Ann
oyed
S
mug
Vic
torious
Fac
epalm
Beating a dead horse (maybe with her tail in the dragon's case)
Education mode (with spectacles and a book)

These can be commissioned individually as the artist has time. But for the sake of consistency, I would like the same artist to do all of them.

Reactions: Skylord Amelia

Mecuniv

Active Miner
Jan 18, 2014

My for my dragon, I do not yet have any reference images of her specifically, so instead I offer a description:

Mecuniv has silver-white scales with an opalescent sheen that changes in the light to look blue or purple, like my font. I understand that this may be hard to portray, so it is alright if you just want to portray her as white, but it would be cool to see. She has curly ram-style horns, which would be a bit darker, more silver, as her claws are. She has pointed ears below them, on the side of her head, which she uses to portray her emotions. She has the armored scales over her snout, which is a bit longer and thinner, feminine. There is also an egg horn at the end of her snout. She has light purple eyes, and the pupil, rather than being the common cat-eye slit, is more diamond shape. There is a short, fin-like spine that can be flattened that runs from the top of her head to above her tail tip. The tail itself is spade-shaped at the end, with harder scales around the edges. She wears a silver collar with a dangling purple crystal heart, about the size of a human's palm. She also likes to wear ornate silver bands on all four legs, and a silver ornate circlet on her head, with purple diamond shaped gems.

Color Scheme:

#BFC1C2
#B05CC1
#4997D0

Art for reference:

Horns

Pupil and eye color examples

Chestplate

Nose scales

Facial structure, ears and egg horn. Also, the more forward horn would be about where her spines / fin starts, but leave enough room for a circlet to go on her head with a gem on her "third eye."

Tail example for shape

My crappy MS paint showing more what I mean. XD

Skylord Amelia

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Aug 7, 2012
Las Vegas
I would like to volunteer for this artwork; however, I have but a few questions:

1. By commission, are you also offering monetary award?
2. Does the artwork have to be done online? As you know my strengths play more for traditional but I can also do computer-based work if you like.
And finally 3. Where would the link be posted? In the description section?

Thanks and feel free to PM me for more comments <3

Mecuniv

Active Miner
Jan 18, 2014

I would like to volunteer for this artwork; however, I have but a few questions:

1. By commission, are you also offering monetary award?
2. Does the artwork have to be done online? As you know my strengths play more for traditional but I can also do computer-based work if you like.
And finally 3. Where would the link be posted? In the description section?

Thanks and feel free to PM me for more comments <3
I don't really have any money at the moment, which is why I am trying to start a YouTube channel. After that, I would be able to pay you. I was hoping in the meantime, I could pay with work around the server or items.

If you are more comfortable doing it in the more traditional way, that is just fine. But I would like it to be polished and look nice. Maybe you could start it by hand and then touch it up on the computer? You don't have to, just a thought.

The link would be provided in the description, but I can also put some text and an annotation in the video in the bottom corner if you would like that better.

Have you done chibi art before? Do you have any examples? I would love to see.

Skylord Amelia

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Aug 7, 2012
Las Vegas
Alright you have me hooked. How soon do you need the work turned in by? Also, going to PM you my personal email so we can keep in touch better, in case I don't have time to come on the forums here.