Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

[Creative] Open-ended Co-op Train Station

Omio

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2013
Huntsville, ON, Canada
So I want to help people build a few towns all connected with train stations. Each train station will be equipped with automatic storage, recall, and even a route-selector.

But, even though I'm relatively good at making the train stations and the like... ...I kinda flub at making full-on towns.

Thankfully, for aesthetics, I have some flexibility, but the ground under the train station(s), I need about 8 blocks downward for the station's abacus so we can avoid a "out of carts" issue.

I also figure this would be good practice for me at later points when rail systems get established in the Nether.

Reactions: ZiiimZooon

starsde

Well-Known Miner
Jun 10, 2014
So I want to help people build a few towns all connected with train stations. Each train station will be equipped with automatic storage, recall, and even a route-selector.

But, even though I'm relatively good at making the train stations and the like... ...I kinda flub at making full-on towns.

Thankfully, for aesthetics, I have some flexibility, but the ground under the train station(s), I need about 8 blocks downward for the station's abacus so we can avoid a "out of carts" issue.

I also figure this would be good practice for me at later points when rail systems get established in the Nether.
well thats sound like a good thing if we cant make the signs in survival hub to work im in :D

Omio

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2013
Huntsville, ON, Canada
Well, that sounds like a good thing. If we can't make the signs in survival hub to work, I'm in. :D
Uhm... ...The project would be starting in the Creative World so we can get bugs, kinks, and general stress-testing out of the way first, before ANY survival attempts happen.

starsde

Well-Known Miner
Jun 10, 2014
Uhm... ...The project would be starting in the Creative World so we can get bugs, kinks, and general stress-testing out of the way first, before ANY survival attempts happen.
ik that but still need any help i can help bro :)

astrotrain24

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 15, 2013
Why didn't you knock on my door first ;) Been wanting a giant railroad around IC ever since I joined ;) (Super duper old thread btw, don't try to bump it).

Actually had plans to make a whole rail line area in the Taiga nearby plains/safari biomes that I reside in, although only some of it would possibly be minecarts while the rest would be rails based on the trains I've been building in my depot area for those who have seen it. But would definitely love to help :) Already had a few stations in mind, have the iron and gold and wood as well :3 Pinewood technically had a rail line from the main city going all the way down to Finlandia and further into Olandia (very southern most point in the biome) underground, but this could be a nice idea. For the creative portion I will most definitely help, I do have some station ideas I had for my rail line (no confirmation for Pinewood 2.0 for anyone asking just yet :p ) that'd I'd be glad to share and help with :)

The only, most important thing to keep in mind whenever making these things if it goes to the Survival World, as was noted in the thread I linked above as well as in previous examples, is to be wary where the placement is. Many times concerns over placement of the rails near bases, towns, or claimed areas have arisen with any issue. I do suggest that if this ever does become an approved project that its thoughtfully planned out, and if possible a good majority be underground as not to discourage players from building or to give griefers a juicy target. Otherwise, sounds good ;)

-Astro

jelkaa

Well-Known Miner
Feb 11, 2013
The Netherlands, Limburg
Me and flamin actually started an underground railroad a bit ago, it's just a 3x3 tunnel now between 3 towns or so, if other towns want to join in we can link em up? (the idea has kinda ended after we made the 3x3 tunnel)

starsde

Well-Known Miner
Jun 10, 2014
Me and flamin actually started an underground railroad a bit ago, it's just a 3x3 tunnel now between 3 towns or so, if other towns want to join in we can link em up? (the idea has kinda ended after we made the 3x3 tunnel)
well ik how to make a three way junction if we wanna link more towns up and i like the idea for a rail station for every town 1 small prob for me is to build it in medievil :/

jelkaa

Well-Known Miner
Feb 11, 2013
The Netherlands, Limburg
well ik how to make a three way junction if we wanna link more towns up and i like the idea for a rail station for every town 1 small prob for me is to build it in medievil :/
Since it's everyone's own town i think we all should design our own part of the rail, ofcourse we can help eachother, but it wouldnt be appropriate to make a retro looking station/rail for someone who has a medieval town

starsde

Well-Known Miner
Jun 10, 2014
Since it's everyone's own town i think we all should design our own part of the rail, ofcourse we can help eachother, but it wouldnt be appropriate to make a retro looking station/rail for someone who has a medieval town
i totally agree tho i got some designs im not good at making such houses yet since ive only played for two years and mostly just built randomly

astrotrain24

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 15, 2013
It wouldn't be to hard to make ;)

Another possibility to consider is to have a central terminal or two in the world (I would suggest one in Spawn, but I am not open to that idea because it would give Griefers an easy way to players). Perhaps picking a few areas where multiple lines can meet up and change is a solution :3

Reactions: starsde

starsde

Well-Known Miner
Jun 10, 2014
It wouldn't be to hard to make ;)

Another possibility to consider is to have a central terminal or two in the world (I would suggest one in Spawn, but I am not open to that idea because it would give Griefers an easy way to players). Perhaps picking a few areas where multiple lines can meet up and change is a solution :3
but astro i have an idea that may work all i got to do is to fix it in creative

Omio

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2013
Huntsville, ON, Canada
Game plan for survival:
Four "cardinal terminals".

One to cover the North, South, East, and West, all of which have different buttons, receiving stations, and what-have-you. Each cardinal terminal would lead to different regions, projects, towns, whatever, and in each destination, a one-way transit to/from the terminal. Making more "routes" is relatively easy, would only be ~2h downtime, and some piston/redstone work.

All of the cardinal terminals also would ultimately connect to the other two within the "ring" (East connects to North and South, but not West).

Game plan for creative (for testing):
Two primary terminals, each connected to each other, and three "towns" to each terminal. These towns may start as a "mock-up".
Each "town" will have mini-station, to go to/from the connected terminal.

Primary terminals will have a storage silo with abacus to count carts and display when/if low or out of carts.

starsde

Well-Known Miner
Jun 10, 2014
Game plan for survival:
Four "cardinal terminals".

One to cover the North, South, East, and West, all of which have different buttons, receiving stations, and what-have-you. Each cardinal terminal would lead to different regions, projects, towns, whatever, and in each destination, a one-way transit to/from the terminal. Making more "routes" is relatively easy, would only be ~2h downtime, and some piston/redstone work.

All of the cardinal terminals also would ultimately connect to the other two within the "ring" (East connects to North and South, but not West).

Game plan for creative (for testing):
Two primary terminals, each connected to each other, and three "towns" to each terminal. These towns may start as a "mock-up".
Each "town" will have mini-station, to go to/from the connected terminal.

Primary terminals will have a storage silo with abacus to count carts and display when/if low or out of carts.
U mean like a cardinal system

Omio

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2013
Huntsville, ON, Canada
Going to set the official scale of it!

Project Name: The IC Transit - Beta Blueprint
In-game username: Omio9999
Potential participants: doraymefa, astrotrain24, Omio9999, master777shadow, Jelka (more may be added later - looking mainly for contrasting styles).
Area requested: ~600 X, ~35 Y (basement floor at circa Y58), ~600 Z.
Lore: ...Are you kidding me? This project will establish its own lore for IC!

As to the other aspects, it's hard to say because of the potential scale of the project.

Cetec

Mr. President
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 6, 2012
Gotham City
Looking forward to the result of the project! You have my yes vote on this project!

Reactions: Omio

Omio

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2013
Huntsville, ON, Canada
Perfect. The terrain doesn't matter, and the center of the location would be the one that needs the warp - the other points are irrelevant, by and large.