Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Gev's old-school photography thread.

Geval

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 8, 2012
The moon
Hey guys,

Since i started with analog photography and got a good scanner set up i thought i'd be time to share some of the picture's i like best. soooooo heeeeereee we goooooooooo.
Olympus OM-2N with Fuji X-tra 400 film.

These colored ones where my first film and where mostly an test to see how the camera was doing, so dont expect much composition on these. Some of the dust you see comes from the fact the camera hadn't been used in a long time. The other dust got in when scanning which i could have removed using infrared but didn't bother for this test.

Olympus OM-2N with Fuji X-tra 400 film.

The harbor in my city, note that the scratches are gone in the next film i shot. The weird colors showed up because i didn't actually turn the camera on at this point (woopsy). Though i do think it looks pretty cool.

Olympus OM-2N with Kodak 400TX B&W
[/IMG]

A picture from a man working at a clothing repair shop where my brother went to get a jacked repaired. I gave him an printed version of the picture which he was very happy with.

Olympus OM-2N with Kodak 400TX B&W

And the last for today, one of my favorite's. A street in my city with a bunch of shady cafe's with is looked down on quite a bit, used to be a popular street back in the day.

Well, that's it for now. I got a bunch more to show but don't think spamming them all at once is fun.
Let me know what you guys think and if you like seeing some more of those.

(ps. propebaly most work i ever put into a post, haha)
- Gev

astrotrain24

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sep 15, 2013
:O A thread, from Tijs :eek: Wow, this truly is a great day in history :3 But very nice pics, I like the 2nd photo the most, both for the view and the antique way the picture came out.

Reactions: Geval

astrotrain24

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sep 15, 2013
Aaand some moaaar, been a while.

Nice! Although I must inquire are the 3rd and 4th images from a few decades ago lest there are still ppl wearing those articles of clothing in the Netherlands?

Also the first image reminded me of the kittens you (still?) have.

ZiiimZooon

Retired Housewife
Retired
Aug 7, 2012
North Zealand, Denmark
Nice! Although I must inquire are the 3rd and 4th images from a few decades ago lest there are still ppl wearing those articles of clothing in the Netherlands?

Also the first image reminded me of the kittens you (still?) have.
Pretty sure the 3rd and 4th picture are so many years old! I actually like them a lot because they do look so old! :)

Geval

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 8, 2012
The moon
1. The first one is a cat of one of my neighbors. Cant remember the cats name though.
2. Just a normal street in the city of Groningen.
3 and 4 are also made in Groningen less than a month ago hahah. 3 are some students relaxing (Groningen is FULL of students) and 4 are some swimmers from som sorta club: de walvisch, The whale in English.