Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Iciclecraft Art Thread

astrotrain24

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sep 15, 2013
Hey all, been thinking lately about other ways for our players to express themselves outside of the game, so why not a community art thread! Amelia has already done an amazing job with her fantastic pieces of art in her own art thread, however I realize not many others on IC are always able to show their talents as well. So this thread is dedicated to those players. Does not have to be on paper, could be a composition (such as Mudkip's music) or any form you wish to post. I will start by posting one piece (I just finished today after taking 3 months to finish lol), which is just an Ancient Greek Landscape in my sketchbook. Show us what you're made of ICers :)

-Astro

Final Image.jpg

GamerGuppy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 13, 2012
Wow, just wow. Brilliant composition with the small circular temple in the foreground and the scenic town beneath the volcano in the far distance. I really like the effect of "roundness" of the circular temple through the way the shadow is drawn, I wish I could do that. Also the subtle but present clouds in the sky are a very precise and fine touch. Especially the detail on the circular temple is incredible and shows how good of a technical drawer you are for architecture.

I find it excellent already, and I seriously doubt if I could do anything like this myself, but if I may be so annoying to give feedback; The way you created the "roundness" of the temple in the foreground has a very sharp shadow at the right, which I love, but we don't see this shadow return along the edges of the ridges in the foreground. So try to be consistent in the ways shadows are cast as well as their intensity. Furthermore I see the trees are drawn with a relatively soft pencil causing it to become a bit dark compared to the foreground scenery, whereas often, objects in the distance get a bit lighter through the atmosphere between it (especially above a lake with a lot of moisture). And lastly I see that the third mountain ridge (counted from the foreground) that touches the lake has a vague reflection in the water. I really like this idea of reflection and it would be cool to see it implemented in the drawing as a whole. But don't alter this drawing! It's totally amazing as is. My annoying wiseacre tips could be implemented in a later drawing.

Also this thread as a whole is a cool initiative to stimulate anyone to share their art.

Last edited:

astrotrain24

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sep 15, 2013
Wow, just wow. Brilliant composition with the small circular temple in the foreground and the scenic town beneath the volcano in the far distance. I really like the effect of "roundness" of the circular temple through the way the shadow is drawn, I wish I could do that. Also the subtle but present clouds in the sky are a very precise and fine touch. Especially the detail on the circular temple is incredible and shows how good of a technical drawer you are for architecture.

I find it excellent already, and I seriously doubt if I could do anything like this myself, but if I may be so annoying to give feedback; The way you created the "roundness" of the temple in the foreground has a very sharp shadow at the right, which I love, but we don't see this shadow return along the edges of the ridges in the foreground. So try to be consistent in the ways shadows are cast as well as their intensity. Furthermore I see the trees are drawn with a relatively soft pencil causing it to become a bit dark compared to the foreground scenery, whereas often, objects in the distance get a bit lighter through the atmosphere between it (especially above a lake with a lot of moisture). And lastly I see that the third mountain ridge (counted from the foreground) that touches the lake has a vague reflection in the water. I really like this idea of reflection and it would be cool to see it implemented in the drawing as a whole. But don't alter this drawing! It's totally amazing as is. My annoying wiseacre tips could be implemented in a later drawing.

Also this thread as a whole is a cool initiative to stimulate anyone to share their art.
I appreciate the feedback, I especially realized this morning that I should have added a shadow of the mountain as a reflection in the water. Not the best artist in the world so I appreciate it and anything to help me get better with my work:) Looking forward to also seeing anyone else's artwork they wish to post!

Princess Sephy

Well-Known Miner
May 10, 2013
McClure PA, United States
www.facebook.com
Here's the first one I've ever drawn free hand, I messed up the mouth, and it was supposed to be my old RP character Aleria. It ended up turning into more of a disney character than anything

Then there's this one. I'm not exactly sure why I drew it this way, it just kind of came out like this.. :/
- Entire image
- Zoomed in top
- Zoomed in bottom.

astrotrain24

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sep 15, 2013
Here's the first one I've ever drawn free hand, I messed up the mouth, and it was supposed to be my old RP character Aleria. It ended up turning into more of a disney character than anything

Then there's this one. I'm not exactly sure why I drew it this way, it just kind of came out like this.. :/
- Entire image
- Zoomed in top
- Zoomed in bottom.
Very nice sephy!!!!

3nclave

Active Miner
Mar 31, 2014
Just something I drew up after seeing Amelia's Dragon Priest Masks. It's an Anglo Saxon helmet from Roman and Post Roman Britannia.

Attachments

3nclave

Active Miner
Mar 31, 2014
A fantasy flag map that I drew. The red lines are land borders and the blue parts are water borders. Each country has its own unique flag and the big nation with the eagle is made up of many different counties, duchies, kingdoms, and principalities- like the Holy Roman Empire. image.jpg

astrotrain24

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sep 15, 2013
A fantasy flag map that I drew. The red lines are land borders and the blue parts are water borders. Each country has its own unique flag and the big nation with the eagle is made up of many different counties, duchies, kingdoms, and principalities- like the Holy Roman Empire. View attachment 792
I used to draw maps all the time as a kid, I still have about 20 of them back home, could possible post some if they seem worthy of posting XD