Stables assists with Horse ownership, protection, and other horse related things. Vanilla has no ownership or tracking of horses, only if it has been broken or not. Stables changes this behavior.
How does it work?
Name a horse to claim it as your own. Hit it (as the owner) with a new Name Tag (un-renamed) to free it!
Stables also prevents horses from being killed by players, mobs, environmental, or any combination of these.
- Apparently naming a horse is confusing to some people. To name a horse, you have to get a NAME TAG. Use the NAME TAG in an ANVIL and change it's name to what you want the horse to be called. Then USE (Right Click) The Horse with the NAMED NAME TAG to name it. This is a Vanilla Minecraft feature.
- /stables - All commands are prefixed with /stables
- /stables list - Shows all horses owned by you
- /stables summon - Summons your horse
- /stables find - Points a compass to your horse
- /stables store - Stores horse in the Virtual Stables
- /stables view - Lists all horses in your stables
- /stables info - Check the horse's owner